I love summertime- the warm weather, swimming at the beach, and backyard bbq’s with family and friends (there’s nothing like a great burger on the grill).
Here’s a few delicious summer backyard bbq recipes from the ALDI Test Kitchen just in time for the 4th of July or whenever your next get together is.
(serves 4) courtesy of Chef Stacey
Prep Time: 25 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 35 min.
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored & diced
- 1/2 green pepper, cored & diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1 lb. 80/20 all natural lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. Stonemill Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Stonemill Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Stonemill Onion Powder
- 8 slices Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Kitchen Garlic Texas Toast
- 2 c. Little Salad Bar Butter Lettuce Leaves
- 4 slices Happy Farms Deli Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- For the pineapple salsa, mix pineapple with diced green pepper, diced onion and cilantro. Add 1 tbsp. lime juice and salt to taste. Toss mixture. Set aside.
- Mix ground beef, 1/4 tsp. black pepper and 1/4 tsp. onion powder thoroughly and form mixture into 4 equal oblong patties (shaped for the garlic toast bun). Set aside.
- Heat grill to a medium temperature. Grill burger patties on each side, until desired doneness (the internal temp. reaches 145° for a medium burger). Meanwhile, toast or bake garlic toast according to package.
- To assemble burger, layer the garlic toast with 1/4 c. butter lettuce leaves, 1 burger patty, 1 slice of Pepper Jack cheese, 1/4 of the pineapple salsa, 1/4 of the avocado slices and top with garlic toast.
Fire Roasted Corn Black Bean Salad with a Lime Cumin Vinaigrette
(serves 5- 6, 1/2 cup servings) courtesy of Chef Michelle
Prep Time: 14 min.
Cook Time: 12 min.
Total Time: 26 min.
- 3 ears of corn, shucked/husked
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 c. red onion, diced
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can Dakota’s Pride Black Beans, strained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp. Tuscan Garden White Vinegar
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. Stonemill Cumin
- 1 tsp. Stonemill Salt
- 1 tsp. Stonemill Pepper
- 3/4 c. Carlini Pure Olive Oil
- Grill the corn for 2-3 min. on each side until corn is cooked. Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature for 5 min. until cool to touch.
- Once the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob and place the in a large bowl. Discard the cobs.
- Add the diced bell pepper, diced onion, black beans and parsley flakes.
- Pour the vinegar, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper into a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- Mix the vinaigrette into the corn mix and salt and pepper to taste.
Red, White & Blue Striped Juice Freezie
(serves 4, 8 oz. servings) Courtesy of Chef Alyssa
Prep Time: 5 min.
- 8 oz. Nature’s Nectar- Variety Fruit Juices Fruit Punch
- 8 oz. Nature’s Nectar- Variety Fruit Juices Raspberry
- 8 oz. Nature’s Nectar- Lemonade
- 3 c. ice
- Blend fruit punch and 1 c. ice in blender and pour evenly into 4 cups.
- Rinse blender
- Blend lemonade and 1 c. ice in blender and layer over fruit punch in each of the 4 cups.
- Rinse blender
- Blend blue raspberry juice and 1 c. ice in blender and layer over lemonade in each of the 4 cups.
- Insert straw and enjoy!
You can find even more great recipes from the ALDI test kitchen on their website. After enjoying some great food and having a fun day hanging out with great people, you can end the night with roasting marshmallows to make smores.
Aldi stores has everything you need to plan the perfect 4th of July or any summer backyard bbq, and at a great price. You can check out their summer seasonal items in stores now, including food items and also seasonal gear like chairs, gazebos, tents, sleeping bags and grills. Also look for Special Buys throughout the store for even more savings.
And don’t forget that Aldi has a double guarantee- if you’re not 100% satisfied they’ll replace the product and refund the purchase price.
Disclosure: I was provided with product from ALDI, no compensation was received. All thoughts and opinions are my own and honest.